Monday 4 August 2014

Games night... on a Wednesday?

In a slight change to normal routine, games night was held on a Wednesday. The usual mob turned up, plus the oldest friend of the host. Everyone was up for a good laugh and a good game. Since it is the host's favourite game, Talisman was on the cards. This time with the dragon expansion.

It's not one that i'm familiar with, but i'm pretty easy going and up for giving any game a try. I decided to play the Warlord. A new character for me, and one I hope i'd be able to make a good bit of headway into the game with. My friends prefer spell-cycling, but I haven't completely got the hang of doing that yet, so i usually stick with the bashing aspect of the game.





Well, having to pull dragon tokens and perform whatever actions were necessary as well as having a standard turn really lengthened the game. Good job i was by the Rolo cookies and hummus.





With 5 of us, at the 2 hour mark, none of us had really made any head way at all. Then i pulled a card which meant that dragon cards had to go onto almost every space in the outer region.



I was so low powered that every turn I lost a life, and within a short space of time I was nearly out of the game. It was 22:00 and given that I had work the next day I called it a night. 
I think everyone agreed that this was the most dull and frustrating game of Talisman we had ever played. It's doubtful that we'll play it again. I can't help but think that maybe we had misunderstood the rules in some way. Or perhaps it's more suitable to 3 or 4 players?

By the way, this is what happens when Death goes to the Tavern and gets drunk...





No comments:

Post a Comment